Decades of studies from respected institutions have demonstrated significant impacts of porn consumption on individuals, relationships, and society. #NoPornovember is all about giving visibility to these facts and inspiring our world to be porn-free. Learn more by clicking here.
It’s officially almost November! And do you know what that means? It’s the most wonderful time of the year…
🎉 #NoPornovember 🎉
Decades of studies from respected institutions have demonstrated significant impacts of porn consumption on individuals, relationships, and society. #NoPornovember is all about giving visibility to these facts and inspiring our world to be porn-free.
Why #NoPornovember matters more in 2020 than ever before
With the world spending more time isolated and online in response to the COVID-19 pandemic, we need to educate and raise awareness about porn’s harms—now, more than ever before.
Porn fuels sex trafficking, ignores consent, promotes sexual violence, encourages coercion, advertises objectification, sells exploitation, perpetuates racism, and normalizes abuse.
As you may have guessed, our annual #NoPornovember campaign is the biggest campaign we have all year! We’ll kick off Day 1 of our annual campaign with the release of the all-new Fighter gear and an invitation to take part in the #NoPornovember challenge. Tens of thousands of Fighters across the world are already generating buzz on this month-long campaign to raise awareness on the harmful effects of pornography, and we want you to be a part of it.
To get involved this month, check in with our #NoPornovember landing page to see what resources you can share throughout the month. You can even check out our interactive daily #NoPornovember 2020 calendar and follow along during the campaign.
Here are a few things you can do to participate in this month-long awareness campaign:
1. Join our #NoPornovember challenge & events
Take part in a #NoPornovember challenge and our events throughout the month to learn more about the movement and change perceptions about porn. Check out our landing page keep up with everything!
• 30 Days Without Porn Challenge: Have you ever thought about giving up porn for good? Try it this month for 30 days to see what can happen. Feeling like you need some support to accomplish it? Our friends at Fortify can help! Fortify is an online recovery platform dedicated to helping individuals find lasting freedom from pornography. Learn, connect, and track your recovery journey. Plus, it’s now free to use! Try it out for #NoPornovember. What do you have to lose?
• Host a “Brain, Heart, World” screening: As the world has spent more time isolated and online due to COVID-19, there has also been an increase in pornography consumption across the globe. And even though we cannot physically be together, we can still band together as Fighters to educate ourselves and others on the harms of pornography. This is why we’re hosting our first-ever Brain, Heart, World virtual screening day this year on November 14th! Join with Fighters from across the globe to stream our three-part documentary, Brain, Heart, World, from the comfort of your own home. By participating, you’re joining with a global community of Fighters and taking the time to get educated on this important issue. Click here to join by creating an account and stream the series for free.
Given the ever-growing body of research, it can no longer be denied that repeated porn exposure has a tangible effect on consumers, and is connected to declining relationship satisfaction as well as various forms of exploitation. This isn’t a moral argument, it’s simply something to consider given the facts. Brain, Heart, World exists to provide people with the opportunity to make an educated decision regarding pornography by highlighting its documented neurological, relational, and societal harmful effects.
Watch the trailer for the documentary, right here:
2. Film a submission for our Fighter Pledge video
This year is our 11th as an organization. 11th! That’s one whole decade of fighting for real love. And 5.5 million Fighters later, we’re continuing to grow and spread across the globe. To commemorate our 11th year, we want to celebrate the people who made it happen: you, our Fighters. One of the ways we’re doing that this month is to make a video compilation of as many people as possible saying the Fighter Pledge. If you haven’t signed the Pledge, you can do that now by clicking here.
The pledge details what it means to be a Fighter, and adds you to our global army of supporters so you can get updates on how to get more involved in the movement. Join the fight and help us spread the word that porn affects the consumer, damages relationships, and negatively affects society as a whole.
If you want to be in our video, follow these steps below:
- Most importantly, we need to be able to hear you without any noise in the background.
- Be sure to wear your Fighter gear and display it clearly.
- Please film with your camera set up horizontally and have your hands empty! (So set the camera on a tripod or have a friend film you)
- Speak to and look at the camera! Try not to read the pledge. If you don’t have it memorized, put a paper with it right next to the camera and say each sentence right to the camera.
- Have fun!
- How to submit:
a) Send in a direct message on Instagram @fightthenewdrug
b) Submit via Google Form https://ftnd.org/pledgevideo
Let’s get it, Fighters! Learn more about the Fighter Pledge by clicking below.
3. Donate to Fight the New Drug
Did you know FTND is a 501(c)3 nonprofit? We would not be where we are today without the incredible, continued support of our worldwide network of Fighters. All of your donations to this fight for love are tax-deductible in the U.S. and directly used to develop new resources, translate materials, and reach more people around the world.
4. RSVP to our #RepTheMovement event on Facebook
Fighters, get ready to sport your favorite Fighter gear on #RepTheMovement Day! On Friday, November 20th, you and 5.5 million other Fighters are invited to rep one of our conversation-starting tees, or a tee from another organization whose message resonates with you, to educate others on the harms of pornography and sexual exploitation.
Remember to tag us on social media (@fightthenewdrug) and use #RepTheMovement and #NoPornovember wherever you post on November 20th! Don’t have Fighter gear yet? There’s still time! Get your favorite Fighter gear at ftnd.org/shop, we’ll have sales running all month long!
Not sure what to say when someone asks “what does ‘Porn Kills Love’ mean?” and other questions about your Fighter gear? Check out this guide: ftnd.org/gearguide
5. Get brand new Fighter gear
Each #NoPornovember we release new Fighter gear to commemorate our activism, get people ready for #RepTheMovement Day, and remind our Fighters that change begins with one.
This year, we are releasing some items that have been long-requested by Fighters. Think: warm, long sleeves, and drawstrings. We know, we’re excited too!
There are limited quantities of some of our seasonal items, so once we drop them on November 1st, you’ll want to grab them before they’re gone!
The real meaning of #NoPornovember
This month is all about highlighting how changing the conversation about pornography begins with you, our Fighters. You are capable of creating real change—change to better yourself, your relationships, and your community—even if this is a difficult topic to discuss. Real change is happening, and if you’re talking about porn’s harms in any way, you’re a part of it.
As cool as it is to launch exciting new additions to the movement, the #NoPornovember campaign has a much larger purpose. The purpose of this month is to blitz social media and our communities, spreading the facts on the harms of pornography and being a strong voice on social media. We want to help our Fighters change the conversation surrounding pornography by providing them with ammunition to spark a discussion, no matter where they are in the world.
The content we release during #NoPornovember is meant to be shared, reposted, and talked about. For the rest of the month, we will be releasing articles, videos, resources, and graphics so that you Fighters can help others to change attitudes and perceptions in society about pornography. That is the whole purpose of #NoPornovember. We want everyone to feel they are part of this movement of social change and to give them the tools and resources to start making a difference right in their own circle of friends and followers. Got it?
This is going to be the best and biggest #NoPornovember yet, but we need your help to do it! All throughout the year, we get Fighters messaging us asking how they can get involved. Well, now is your chance! By repping your Fighter gear, hosting viewing parties of our free-to-watch documentary series, and sharing facts on your social media, you are single-handedly helping push this movement forward. We can’t do this without you. Change begins with one and the collection of all your voices will be what makes society see the real harms of pornography.
So, are you with us?
Remember to check out the official #NoPornovember homepage so you can keep up with this month’s resource and Fighter gear launches, and keep up with our social media to be the first to know about all our exciting things happening throughout the month!
You won’t want to miss a single thing—#NoPornovember is just getting started.